Attention: Latest items in stock!
Men's sunglasses PERSOL, original with warranty.
Slim profile, keybridge, square shape give this frame a retro and elegant style.
Sunglasses Persol with original case and microfiber pezzuola.
In 1917 Giuseppe Ratti, owner of berry optics, began to create, in via Caboto in Turin, glasses and lenses intended for sportsmen and aviators.
The first model created are protector glasses, which, thanks to the combination of rounded smoked lenses and comfortable rubber frame secured by elastic bands, will be immediately adopted by the Italian Air Force. Later several aviations of the world, including the American one, will make protectors one of the most used models by their pilots.
Around the year 1920 sees the light, from the pen of Eugenio Colmo, aka Goliath, the Chinese, a historical figure who for over half a century will accompany the advertising images of Ratti's creations. Also in those years the famous yellow-brown lens was created which, in addition to protecting from the sun's rays, will distinguish all the models present and future.
However, we must wait until 1938 to witness the creation of the real PERSOL brand (union of "for" and "Sun") as we know it today.
In 1957 the model 649 was created, designed to meet the needs of turin tramdriver who needed a wide glasses capable of protecting them from air, dust and sun. The model will be immortalized by Marcello Mastroianni who will wear it in the film Divorzio all'italiana.
The 1960s saw the consecration of the brand that will conquer among others the American market despite nasa already making use of some of its specific models for some time.
From the 1960s PERSOL its production continues to grow until becoming one of the best known brands of the Italian industry. PERSOL has been present in numerous expeditions to the extreme, such as Reinhold Messner's expeditions to the Himalayas.
In 1995 the Luxottica Group, already a leader in the field of world eyewear, acquired its brand while preserving its peculiar characteristics and the historic headquarters of Lauriano, near Turin.